Discuss Changing External Thermostat/Controller for Vailant Turbomax 242E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anarack

Hi - I have an old 'Smiths' electronic controller that keeps failing so I have purchased a controller/Thermostat to replace it, based on direct control of electrical heating using electronic relay I believe.

The wiring diagram for the Turbomax shows switching contacts between terminals 3 and 4 on the boiler terminal strip - however, the output from this type of controller shows 'Load' which suggests that it will sink current directly (up to 16A). If the boiler wiring is switching a L voltage across the two terminals then this is probably fine, but I do not want to damage the circuit board by trying it on the off chance! If need be, I could fit an external relay unit to the controller to act purely as a switch.

Has anyone fitted this type of Thermostat/Controller please, or do you know if the circuit on the turbomax will work with this configuration?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing External Thermostat/Controller for Vailant Turbomax 242E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock