Discuss changeing stop tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

copperhead

Hi i need to change a stop tap from the incoming mains i no how to turn off the water in the road but what do i do with the water thats left above the stop tap the pipe work disapears upwords behind some boxing.
Thanks in advance to all for looking

No magic, I'm afraid! If there's no drain (and I doubt there will be), you might like to try your luck with this kit...

[DLMURL="http://www.waldco.co.uk/instructions.htm"]Draineasy Radiator Draining Kit. Instructions For Use.[/DLMURL]

... which I found to work quite well on rads. You might be able to fab something yourself for a larger diameter pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Open upstairs cold and open kitchen cold and leave both open .Ice cream tub & Old towel to catch rest , you are only gonna have a pipefull

Thanks gyes i might get one of those rad drainers it could be a usefull for the feutre,

I thought why the hell did you propose this its not a rad then i clicked on it and realised it was obvious - Doh!

Hi bought the kit today used it and it worked a treat new stop tap fitted and very little water if any went behind the boxing it made the job quick and stress free.
thanks every one yet again yove come up trumps.

Hmm!

Orrible! Things, black magnetite gunge all over the place when I did it.

Undoing the back nuts makes the water come out at different angles missing the mat.

Good idea probably designed on a computer though.

Back to rag and Tupperware!! But still got mat, it just might work sometime.

Its either that or I am useless with it.

you need to crank the nut open more till it comes out were you want it sure your going to get some missing to begin with but times time and once a rag is saturated, were's the black stuff going to go not directly into the tub thats for sure.

Aside from a rubber mat and towels at the ready, wrap a big towel around the tap after you've cracked the nuts as many times as you can (bit like a turban :D) then lift it up, if all goes well the remaining water will be caught up in the towel and no mess!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to changeing stop tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock