Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss CH problem and fault finding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PeteHeaton

Hi Guys,

I'm not a plumber so I hope I'm ok posting here for some advice. I've got a fairly common set up that is unvented indirectly heated. This comprises:
-Worcester Greenstar Ri boiler
-Drayton Lifestyle LP522 controller
-Centercyl HE 120 cyclinder
-Sunvic Digital room thermostat
-Siemens 3PMP-V22 mid way valve
This was all newly installed last year but has never worked 100%.

The problem is that although the CH and HW initially come on together on the timer after a while (say an hour) the CH cools down. At this stage the room thermostat will still have the little flame icon saying it is calling for CH but nothing is happening.

I've done a bit of fault finding:

-If the CH and HW have been on in the evening (cyclinder is full of hot water and room thermostat is calling) switching between CH and HW timed and on makes no difference: CH remains cold.

-If the cyclinder thermostat is turned down and the CH switched to timed or on the CH remains cold.

-If the CH is on timed or on and the HW is turned off (either at the off setting or via the timer) the CH heating kicks in immediately.

What signal is sent out or cancelled when the HW is turned off which enables the CH to come on?

I had thought that perhaps the mid way valve was sticking but I have replaced both the mechanical and electrical sides.

Any suggestions on what to try or where the fault may lie? Am I looking at an electrical fault?

Thanks in advance:). Pete

you probably have a wiring problem, I would start from scratch and re-wire

Eco

maybe you do not have a satisfied connection on cylinder thermostat as said or cabling not connected,does sound like electrical fault

If there was no satisfied signal from the cyclinder thermostat would I get very hot water as the boiler is continually heating the HW with no off signal. I ask as that isn't the case.

Thanks for all your replies. As the cyclinder thermostat wasn't replaced I'll change that over this weekend and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH problem and fault finding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have an issue with my Ideal Logic+ System S24 boiler which I hope someone can help with. Below is as much detail as I can think of. The...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an oil worcester bosch greenstar heatslave ii combi boiler. It's about 5 years old. The problem I have is when the thermostat calls for...
Replies
Views
Not an expert at all here, so please bear with me. We bought a Victorian terraced house early 2 years ago that was maintained quite well, with a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock