Discuss Cert/level 2 C & G exams. Help!!?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Curlyn

I recently sat 2 assessments/exams on Principles and Sanitation. I failed.. I had a re-sit and have passed 1 so far. I revised so much. On both exams I had questions on things we haven't covered. Our tutors were aware of this (they had heard from other Colleges in the uk that this years computer based exam was asking level 3 questions!) . I'm really annoyed, I know the college is putting in a complaint, but am interested in others that are currently sitting the C&G's level 2. I have processes this week and wondering if it's going to be the same.

Have you the jtl book on level 2 ? you can also get all the questions you are going to get online somewhere..for your gola exam .

YES!! processes is the same m8, i had it the other week along with principles, i currently revisng and learning about abg and bg saniation along with cold water,good luck wih your exams,let me know how you get on wth processes as i have have to re sit that one again, so thats 3 xams i gotta revise,not as easy as some peeps think this course lol........

Yes, have the JTL level 2 book, The JTL revision book, The learnatrade disk with questions. It just wasn't enough. I had 5 questions in principles on stuff that hadn't either been covered or not in the books. So much so, once I completed the test, I quickly noted the the 5 questions, then handed them over to the Tutor.

oh blinkin eck Ste b, I thought the worst was over!. So did you have many questions that are considered Level 3 In processes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 6129 exams a olci

im the same man!! stuff in em that ain even in the units, stuff iv never heard of! we were told o write dow any qustions we think havent been covered and our tutor will query em with city and guilds. so far passed myfirst 4 exams. got central heating th morn tho!

good luck.

think we l need it heh heh

yahh passed my processes. There was a PAT question and a CORGI question in it. Very naughty! Definately level 3 stuff.

Having the same problem with level 3, eg doing advanced sanitation and were getting questions on planning and advanced central heating. I thought the course was surposed to be modular!
I have no problem with tests being on computer, but lets keep the questions on subject! C&G have realy f**ked up, the questions are all over the place.
First gas exam next week, not holding out much hope they will proberly ask questions on nucular physics!!!

this is a nitemare city & guilds changin all the god dam questions! i to am havin the same problem! learnin in class, readin the jtl book & doin questions on learnatrade then gettin in the exam room on computer & findin question that we aint even covered! i did principles exam & it had abt 4 electrical questions from almost the back of the jtl book!! wats that all abt!! not givin us a fair chance realy is it..
i dont no whether u guys no or not but city & guilds av got a site with 20 practice questions from each module on the new question? its on smartscreen.com, you will need ur college center number & password & ur enrollin number & password..
gud luck chaps...

PASSED.......

SANITARY and COLD WATER two exams in one night not recomended, but i did manage to get through them, all i can say read the questions 3 times before you answer them....

i've had a problem with pretty much all the exams i've sat this year i passed my health and safety and common proccesses i had to retake sanitation (which i passed second time round) i'm now waiting for the 2nd retake of cold water and i'm also waiting to retake lead.. i'm finding that most of the questions that come up in the exams i haven't been taught and there isn't an explination for them in either the jtl book the jtl revision guide or the r.treylor book also the learn a trade disc is usless.... my tutors found out about the smart screen website and they offer work sheets and practise exam questions which help abit and some of the questions come up in the exam but it don't get you a pass so now i'm really stuck i'm once again about to buy another expencive book and spend another day revising just to fail again can anyone tell me if they are getting anywhere with sorting these exams out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cert/level 2 C & G exams. Help!!?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Basically I'm 23 and my local college will fund the Plumbing - Technical Certificate City & Guilds 6129 - Level 2 for nothing all I've to pay...
Replies
Views
Adamrob
A
C
Hi there! My name is chris, 19 years old and i and new to this forum and also the plumbing industry. Bit about me: I completed school with my...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
M
hello all newby here, just thought i'd post a thread about the negative comments on the 6129 course, i went straight onto the course from school...
Replies
Views
Henno82
H
J
Hi guy, I'm not too sure if this is the right place to put this, but i am 19 years old, I have been driving my own car just over a year and have...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock