Discuss Cert/level 2 C & G exams. Help!!?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a practical note, if any of you can remember any questions that were not on your learnatrade disc, DO contact them, as Norm will be very keen to update the software, but be accurate about what you were asked. I used learnatrade and spent many hours using it. It really was invaluable.

sign up to smartscreen.co.uk i am finding that the plumbing practise questions are also coming up in the exams which really helps alot get on it guys

the problem with the learn a trade cd is that the questions are not in the online exams you take. The learnatrade cd was baed on the old written exams where the questions were the same so you could memorise the questions/answers.

Best advice is to look in your JTL book and ask your tutor. I did my exams in june and am now out and about on my own and booked up till december. The work is out there, all depends how you go about getting it.

Dont rely on the learnatrade cd to get you through, it helps dont get me wrong, but needs updating to be current with the C&G online exams

Cheers
Andy

fair enough cheers andy b. im just always on the lookout for anything extra that might help. good luck earning your christmas beer money

pat

Have a look at smartscreen if you can, i seem to remember that although it was only 20 questions and they never changed on there, the smartscreen questions are exactly the same format as you get in your online exam.

If your lucky you'll get one or two (maybe more) of these smartscreen questions in your online exam - everything helps.

The JTL book was good, think though my classroom notes helped as well as the instructor made a point of letting us kow that 'this specific area will come up in the exam'

Revise and im sure you'll be fine

Any other help you need just ask away

Cheers
Andy

I have read these posts with interest and I feel for everyone taking these exams because they are not as easy as we are all lead to believe. I am on a 10 week course and have recently just completed the GOLA exam. As a group (23 I think), only 1 person did not make it. Everyone had different questions (computer based) and we all studied from the JTL book. The exam was not easy and we all have trouble with the terminology. My advice (for what its worth) is if your not sure about a term in the question just ask.

The vast majority of us all passed the modules as well, again most problems we encountered were to do with terminology and understanding poorly worded questions. Again, my only advice would be if your not sure what something means just ask.

I think that the answers are in the JTL book but C & G word the questions really badly.

I hope this helps a little and good luck.

Sorry pal, but with a reply like that, you are obviously related to C&G or a lecturer/teacher in one form or another!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, you may have found the right book for you by now but the one I found the best was Plumbing R.D. Treloar this book covers NVQ/SVQ levels 2 & 3 by Blackwell Publishing more info and not so many pictures. Good luck with your exams.

Last edited:
Having the same problem with level 3, eg doing advanced sanitation and were getting questions on planning and advanced central heating. I thought the course was surposed to be modular!
I have no problem with tests being on computer, but lets keep the questions on subject! C&G have realy f**ked up, the questions are all over the place.
First gas exam next week, not holding out much hope they will proberly ask questions on nucular physics!!!

Are re the exams open book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cert/level 2 C & G exams. Help!!?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Basically I'm 23 and my local college will fund the Plumbing - Technical Certificate City & Guilds 6129 - Level 2 for nothing all I've to pay...
Replies
Views
Adamrob
A
C
Hi there! My name is chris, 19 years old and i and new to this forum and also the plumbing industry. Bit about me: I completed school with my...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
M
hello all newby here, just thought i'd post a thread about the negative comments on the 6129 course, i went straight onto the course from school...
Replies
Views
Henno82
H
J
Hi guy, I'm not too sure if this is the right place to put this, but i am 19 years old, I have been driving my own car just over a year and have...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock