Discuss Cert/level 2 C & G exams. Help!!?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes there gettin somewhere! its a place called nowhere!!! city & guilds have screwed up bigtime & if there not careful there will be no students left! there droppin off out of our classroom at the rate of knots!! if there lookin at this forum they shud be takin NOTICE!! sort this **** out city & guilds!!! the jtl book is becomin a waste of time unless u read it all the way thro cus it seems to me these exam questions are now a bit of all of the book! the modules definatenly aint followin thats 4 sure!! i did processes & got 2 gas questions 3 water regs question! no questions on tools, x dimensions, pipework etc! i;d have had more chance takin an airline pilots exam!!!!
god dam joke!!!!!!!

Yeah i agree mate i have posted about assesments etc, and i to do feel the exams and what i am learning dont match up, bad communication in my eyes, there is 13 from 22 left in our class,not sure about other 2 eve classes, but everyone a little confused after exams every time lol,hey good luck anyway m8.........

It might be that the provider you are with is not correctly stating what will be covered in the exams?
Have you tried ringing City & Guilds (020 7294 2800) to see if they know what's going on?
They are normally quite helpful when i ring to ask something.

nop, we and the colleges are going no where with this years exams. Our college have decided to change the way they teach, (at the last minute), as in covering as much as possible and linking the topics as much as possible. Crossing them over and covering more than they used to for this level. What we have noticed though is the more times you take a re-sit, the harder the questions. My mate on the course is convinced she will empty the bank of questions, just to help the college out! Next re-sit for me is sanitation, all those lovely pictures of thingiemebobs that we have never seen before!

thanks for the number, will definately be calling tomorrow! anyone else on here gonna give them a tinkle. !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read these posts with interest and I feel for everyone taking these exams because they are not as easy as we are all lead to believe. I am on a 10 week course and have recently just completed the GOLA exam. As a group (23 I think), only 1 person did not make it. Everyone had different questions (computer based) and we all studied from the JTL book. The exam was not easy and we all have trouble with the terminology. My advice (for what its worth) is if your not sure about a term in the question just ask.

The vast majority of us all passed the modules as well, again most problems we encountered were to do with terminology and understanding poorly worded questions. Again, my only advice would be if your not sure what something means just ask.

I think that the answers are in the JTL book but C & G word the questions really badly.

I hope this helps a little and good luck.

Great to all this feedback, i sat my processess re sit today and passed, gona post in other section about assessments, good luck everyone

hi there

just finished my S&G 6129 Successfull at ABLE SKILLS.
well,WE were advised and well told everything down there allmost every one PAST it ,but get your self some other books and reed it.;
PLUMBING by R.D.Trelor
PLUMBING ENCYCLOPEDYA by R.D.Trelor

the plumnbing by JTL i founed not enough for thr course.GOOD LUCK with the exams .

p.s my tutor JIM used to say R.T.F.Q.(reed the fu**ng quesstion)thing and then answer.:):):)

Well done stan da man, also look for muscroft plumbing books they are good too,lots better than jtl.......i reckon thats were peeps are going wrong a lot of time with failing exams,i agree there are questions there which have not been covered, but in reality there is 70% or more there that we have covered and if you revise and as stan da man says, read the question properly and you be reet......laters

Could anyone give me there smartscreen info?, just so i can practise the questions on there.

Hi hows everyone doing,enviroment,central heating, working relationships then the GOLA, then thats me done and dusted,oh and gotta fit a bathroom suite for assessment, thats 3 weeks away so plenty time,i have got a lot of notes on my pc from this course including the JTL level 2 book,so if anyone wants copies i am sure we can come to some aggreement,if i can send via e mail its all free to anyone who is planning to do there level 2 course in plumbing...........hope everyone well,speak soon people..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cert/level 2 C & G exams. Help!!?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Basically I'm 23 and my local college will fund the Plumbing - Technical Certificate City & Guilds 6129 - Level 2 for nothing all I've to pay...
Replies
Views
Adamrob
A
C
Hi there! My name is chris, 19 years old and i and new to this forum and also the plumbing industry. Bit about me: I completed school with my...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
M
hello all newby here, just thought i'd post a thread about the negative comments on the 6129 course, i went straight onto the course from school...
Replies
Views
Henno82
H
J
Hi guy, I'm not too sure if this is the right place to put this, but i am 19 years old, I have been driving my own car just over a year and have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock