Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Ceramic Cartridge Replacement? in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. David Gill

David Gill New Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Any idea how to replace the cartridge in one of these taps? No top to unscrew, no grub screw in the body. Looks like it might just pull off, but don’t want to attempt it if it’s the wrong thing to do! TIA

4D48C814-1570-4891-B228-FDB34D42CC01.jpeg

2. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

Probably find the lower chrome shroud (below tap handles and just above tap body) will unscrew. Try rubber gloves or "Boa" type wrench for better grip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. David Gill

David Gill New Member

Cool, thanks. Will give it a shot.

4. Rob876

Rob876 Member

Did you get that wheel off and replace the valve?

5. David Gill

David Gill New Member

In the end someone else swapped the whole tap as I was too busy and apparently the part was obsolete. I still need to pick up the tap as the landlord wants the original restored if possible. Will let you know how I get on!

• Like Like x 1
  6. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

It can easily be restored back to perfect functionality David.
    Have a look at my website on how to do it ;)
    Apologies for the plug :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1