Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steven wheaton

Seeking opinions please. Looking to install central heating to a first floor 2 x bedroom flat (currently all electric) Not sure which of the following options to go with, would appreciate some thoughs from the community. The owner of the flat is not keen on combi boilers, they seem keen to have a DHW cylinder to provide plenty of hot water.

Option 1 - System boiler with open vented DHW cylinder.

Option 2 - System boiler with unvented DHW cylinder.

The cost of an unvented DHW cylinder is initially more however weighing up the cost against having to buy a new CWSC for the loft and the reduced amount of pipework and fittings does anyone have a view that the extra cost of the unvented cylinder would be balanced out by the fact you would not need to buy the parts associated with an open vented DHW cylinder ?

Option 2 - System boiler with unvented DHW cylinder.

for me dude!

In addtion to the original question that i asked, if you go down the unvented cylinder route, regulations are not wholly clear as to whether or not you should be authorised/accredited to install unvented cylinders ?

In addtion to the original question that i asked, if you go down the unvented cylinder route, regulations are not wholly clear as to whether or not you should be authorised/accredited to install unvented cylinders ?

The regulations are very clear you need to be registered

What is not clear .is why have any regulations ,as nobody seem bothered to regulate or inforce them

The councils just seem to sign them off without a thought

never ever been asked to see my registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock