Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steven wheaton

Seeking opinions please. Looking to install central heating to a first floor 2 x bedroom flat (currently all electric) Not sure which of the following options to go with, would appreciate some thoughs from the community. The owner of the flat is not keen on combi boilers, they seem keen to have a DHW cylinder to provide plenty of hot water.

Option 1 - System boiler with open vented DHW cylinder.

Option 2 - System boiler with unvented DHW cylinder.

The cost of an unvented DHW cylinder is initially more however weighing up the cost against having to buy a new CWSC for the loft and the reduced amount of pipework and fittings does anyone have a view that the extra cost of the unvented cylinder would be balanced out by the fact you would not need to buy the parts associated with an open vented DHW cylinder ?

Option 2 - System boiler with unvented DHW cylinder.

for me dude!

In addtion to the original question that i asked, if you go down the unvented cylinder route, regulations are not wholly clear as to whether or not you should be authorised/accredited to install unvented cylinders ?

In addtion to the original question that i asked, if you go down the unvented cylinder route, regulations are not wholly clear as to whether or not you should be authorised/accredited to install unvented cylinders ?

The regulations are very clear you need to be registered

What is not clear .is why have any regulations ,as nobody seem bothered to regulate or inforce them

The councils just seem to sign them off without a thought

never ever been asked to see my registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We're looking to update our existing central heating setup and wanted to get a few more opinions. We currently have an open vented conventional boiler with cold water expansion tank in attic and indirect vented hot water cylinder. Initially we thought we would just swap to a combi...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock