Discuss Central heating pump stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WDeranged

Hi, I've got a reasonably old gas heating system, it's a back boiler behind my gas fire and last month the central heating stopped working but the boiler is still heating water.

Anyway the pump is very much like this one

http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/external/commerce/1/gfx/hires/GFPUPS1560.jpg

And its connected to a timer exactly like this one

http://www-4.plumbworld.co.uk/danfoss-gp-102-24hr-766-1370m.jpg

I had a look a few weeks ago but it's in a cupboard that isn't easy to access so sorry if I don't have all the info ready, I basically have to move all my computer equipment to open the door :rolleyes:

With my ear against the pump I couldn't hear a single hum, click or whirr when flicking the power switch yet the boiler kicks in fine, could the timer be faulty or has the pump just outright died?

My experience with other pumps has lead me to believe they don't just drop dead like that, they at least make *some* noise.

Sorry for the lack of info, I'll have to fill in the blanks as I go along.

Thanks

I would first check to see if power is getting to the pump ( use a multimeter) if it is try removing the large screw in the centre of the pump motor and with a small bladed screwdriver rotate the pump motor, if it rotates freely and you have power to it then you most likely need a new pump. I suspect your system operates on gravity for hot water and that is why you still have hot water. hope this helps, Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating pump stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock