Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Central Heating. Combination Boilers: Fault Finding And Repair by john regin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

evsy01

any body seen this book? wondering if its worth the £25 price and if it could be a valuable piece of literature to get u out of a problem one day

No Where abouts have you seen this book as i would maybe like a copy too

Yes mate. I have one. Without it i wouldnt have had any knowledge on fault finding and repairing boilers (apart from checking air pressure switches). Google it or go to amazon.co.uk. Very very good book.

Got the central heating book by this author really good. I think I paid £26.

Looks a really good book and as it says if it can save you time then brilliant.

Thing about our job is we can't possibly know it all..

Just ordered a copy of the book :)

Yes, I bought this book recently. BG engineers carry information like this on their laptops. Apparently, it looks more professional to open a laptop than opening one of these books in front of the customer. It is an essential aid for faultfinding. The book is well structured and concentrates initially on making you understand systems and how they work. It goes on to explain every single component within a combi boiler and fault finding checks for each one. Finally, it demonstrates a sequential fault tracing procedure. My opinion is that this book is well worth the money.

thanks lads. i've ordered the book off amazon for £25. just wanted reassuring!

hi there this book is fantastic it has pulled me out of trouble lots of times, the fault finding logic is easy to follow and very comprehensive well worth the money if it save s you 1 or 2 hours scratching your head on the job , book paid for!!!!! also this guy has another book identical set up but called central heating which looks in depth at vented systems and controls also a fantastic book. get them today save yourself time on the job. check for updated version mine is 2005

anyone know if this covers recent stuff ie condensing as well?
Yes it does, but what can go wrong with the condensate? Ice plug or insufficient fall on pipe
I bought mine from a well know internet supplier beginning with A and is the latest issue, reprinted in February 2009

Last edited:
Yes it does, but what can go wrong with the condensate? Ice plug or insufficient fall on pipe
I bought mine from a well know internet supplier beginning with A and is the latest issue, reprinted in February 2009
its not so much the condensate pipework its the totally different fueling system thats more complex fans i know are now 350 volts dc and you cant do burner preasures

got mine today,very interesting reading,am just awaiting some dvds off gas installers workmate to load up on to laptop,this will eliminate having to find mfis.:cool:

How are you ensuring the book your buying is the latest version? i have seen it on a few places but no info as to what year it's from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating. Combination Boilers: Fault Finding And Repair by john regin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock