Search the forum,

Discuss Celotex insulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Doing a bathroom atm, it's got a tiled floor I have a feeling there going to be a pita to come off, as you can see below is where I removed for the shower tray (level ax) and the screed is soft

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now one the question the gap between the levels are 2 3/4 inches (approx) I have two options

1 try and take the tiles of and self lev the floor 2-3mm then spark can put elec heat mat down (he's happy with no ins under) and self lev again to cover mat + 5mm

2 rip out screed and tiles and put 50 mm celotex ins down and self lev 8mm approx spark to lay mat then about another 8mm self lev

also another q does any one know if celotex would hold a 60 kg toilet + person (me don't think so, so would need a pad )

O and just to make things worse it's the only bog in the bungalow

thoughts ?

:D special wipe and wash everything

If you are going to finish with tiles why not use marmox, jacoboard, wedi etc. It comes in various thickness, or you can build up in Meyers. You can use flexi tile adhesive to stick it down, underfloor wire, self level and tile. Celotex is not structural and you would have fun fastening it down.

If you are going to finish with tiles why not use marmox, jacoboard, wedi etc. It comes in various thickness, or you can build up in Meyers. You can use flexi tile adhesive to stick it down, underfloor wire, self level and tile. Celotex is not structural and you would have fun fastening it down.

No vinyl floor and was thinking of just laying it down tight like they do for wet underfloor

this is the stuff I'm on about

image.jpg

Last edited:
self level it if its only 2-3 mm,cellotex would be a bodge

I would rip the lot out, then use 40mm marmox ufh, self level and tile to required height. this way would give you a level height finish to your adjoining room.

Fair enough lads (did email celotex and they said there product would be suitable) will look around

Looking online, Celotex FI5000 would be suitable but this starts at 75mm, too big for your needs.
You wont go wrong with marmox.

Is marmox ok for use in wheel chair environments ? And thnx lads

Thnx lads just put the order in for the marmox board went for 30,12.5 and a 6mm totalled to about £400 worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Celotex insulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. New to this. I Will Try and explain best I can. Large New build (2.5yrs old) with block and beam flooring. Then Membrane Then celotex Then membrane Wet system underfloor heating In approx 2-3” of screed I think Then tiled throughout 15mm Hot and cold copper pipes, felt lagged...
Replies
Views
N
Hi - some advice would be appreciated. We are doing a refurb and are having water based underfloor heating installed. The top layer will be 15mm engineered wood (floating). Our builder has done things in a backward way so I need advice on what is the best solution given the circumstances...
Replies
Views
Gnorw er’uoy
G
The situation is as follows. I have a shower enclosure which is slightly too small for the new shower tray. In a way this works to my advantage. I think. Why, because I stupidly bought 3mm wet wall panels. I didn't forsee the issues this would cause. (The panels not being thick enough to overlap...
Replies
Views
Done a fair bit of reading and spoke to numerous plumbers/heating engineers and I get so many different answers to my question. By nature I'm a pretty inquisitive bloke and like to know how things work and if its the best way to do things. So my first question is does a single zone UFH setup...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm having some trouble with my builder and the plumber who fitted my underfloor heating. In a nutshell, the plumber has laid Hetta aluminium pipes over c. 40 square metres comprising of two zones. The builder has then laid around 6cm of semi dry aggregate-based fibre screed. He's then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock