Discuss Causes of Ketteling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princegoose

Hi,

Ive got a call out for tomorrow where the customer says the boiler is ketteling constantly. My guesses are.

Scaled up heat exchanger
faulty thermostat

Can anyone make anymore suggestions?

has anyoe had any luck with the chemicals you can get to sort the problem out? My old boss swore they didnt work, maybe he was unlucky????

Thanks again

Hello again,

It turned out it wasnt ketteling. Creaking pipes.

Not a wasted visit as condensate pipe fitting wasnt glued and had made a large stain on ceiling

Thanks for all the advice, will know for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Causes of Ketteling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, My gravity fed hot water slows to nothing over 30 seconds. when tap turned off for 5 mins, tap will run again for 30 seconds etc. I have...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock