Search the forum,

Discuss Capping 22mm hot water pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, as per title I need to cap off the hot/cold feeds to the bath before I rip it out.

Its 22mm copper feeding into flexible pipe to the tap. I've just checked and my pipe cutter only does 15mm.

Given the picture below, is there a capping with a male end I could screw replace the Flexi hose with? If so...can you advise what I need to search on Screwfix to find it please 😂

Failing that I'll have to stop being cheap and get a 22mm pipe cutter. If that route, are pushfit cap ends on copper good enough for a few months?

Thanks in advance

With picture this time!

20210810_141456.jpg

Only for temporaryuse, not for permanent use, just until you (presume fit a new bath?). If you’re capping off permanently then you need to go back as far as twice the pipe diameter, or change that tee if it feeds elsewhere in the property.
p.s. the stop ends are acceptable as permanent use in the correct manner).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind keeping the hoses then just unscrew from taps and fit some male BSP plugs (which will act as dummy tap). Otherwise cutters are cheap and you can just fit some push fit caps after cutting. Turn the supply on gently and hold the caps on for first time you put the supply back on (easier with a friend).

Good luck, and take care.

Cheers,

Roy

Only for temporaryuse, not for permanent use, just until you (presume fit a new bath?). If you’re capping off permanently then you needto go back as far as twice the pipe diameter, or change that tee if it feeds elsewhere in the property.
p.s. the stop ends are acceptable as permanent use in the correct manner).
Perfect thank you and yes only until I rip out rest of bathroom and put it all back together, few months tops.

If you don't mind keeping the hoses then just unscrew from taps and fit some male BSP plugs (which will act as dummy tap). Otherwise cutters are cheap and you can just fit some push fit caps after cutting. Turn the supply on gently and hold the caps on for first time you put the supply back on (easier with a friend).

Good luck, and take care.

Cheers,

Roy
Great, looks like I've got a few options now, many thanks!

Reply to Capping 22mm hot water pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock