Discuss Can't think how I could plumb this let alone fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PAULY1985

Went to a job last week two outher plumbers had moved the boiler,owner complaining heating coming on with hot water.after inspecting I noticed primary flow and returne were crossed over at the cylinder this is an s plan system with no primary towel rail cercit or bypass.i fixed this and all seemed to be ok,got the call today samething happening went back sure enough same problem.it seems that the return from the cylinder is heating the rads but how is it circulating when the heating two port is def shut,no bypass or towel rail cercit it doesn't seem possible,I'm going back to start lifting floors any suggestions on how it could be circulating would be appreciated.

Not me i got called because the outher plumbers did a runner,no bypass visible on the system.

you state you fixed the issue by changing the pipework, but that hasnt fixed the problem, so theres a cock up somewhere still, and your work hasnt solved it

The pipe work was crossed over a quick fire up and feel of the pipe work proved that.after I corrected this I fired it again primary flow got hot both motorised valves opened and closed with the thermostats everything seemed fine,how ever it seems to happen after hot waters been on for 30 minutes or so when its returning to the boiler,what I can't see is how its circulating when the heating two port is closed.

It depends where theyve teed in the return from the cylinder, you should always go as close to the boiler as possible or you risk this happening, a bypass wouldntve made the slightest difference if the returns in wrong place pauly, youl have to check pipework and re-pipe the faulty part

2 pipes come from the boiler , which then turns into 4, the 2 for the cylinder , 1 is the 2 port on the flow , where is the return from the cylinder go / or where is it teed into ?

Thanks kris iv not come across this befor,I'm aware of the three tee rule when plumbing these systems it's still baffling me how this is circulating through the heating.

I'll have to get the floors up to see that kris iv only had a few hours there I'm not looking forward to tomorrow I can see a late one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't think how I could plumb this let alone fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock