Search the forum,

Discuss Can Power flow flux go off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can power flow flux go off? if so are we talking years?

It might do.
I use laco, and when you get yo the bottom of the tub it seems to not be as good as a new one.

It is probably essential to stir the entire contents of the flux tub often.
Anything that can melt or settle in its container really should be stirred I guess.
The chemicals in it likely separate and the flux will not work right.
I know the grease based Traditional fluxes need stirred if hot weather heats the tub in van.

yes if it goes yellow if off white your ok

If you are not sure...take a dab and rub it on ua balls..if no sting ...gone off...if stings like hell..at least you know you are good for 100 more fittings......
:86:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are not sure...take a dab and rub it on ua balls..if no sting ...gone off...if stings like hell..at least you know you are good for 100 more fittings......
:86:

or even better rub it in a cut :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can Power flow flux go off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted ÂŁ1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4 radiators need to be upgraded to doubles, would this need to be done if they are drained off and replaced? How does one actually know it needs a power...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Morning All, hoping you can help me out with some advice. I have a triton AS2000x manual power shower, we had a power cut last night after the power was switched back on around 20 minutes later I heard the shower running . It seems to be stuck in comissioning mode. So Ive turned off the power to...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w boiler and we have had a three hour power cut this afternoon/ evening. The boiler switches on and the temp just goes down and then flashes up 0c. From what I can see this error code means blocked burner? The oven also will not ignite. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock