Discuss Can i service my own boiler if am not gas safe registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care. The hoover is her job. More chance of winning the lottery.

Just checked about doing your own gas work, 1998 regs, in a nutshell, if your doing it for no reward and are deemed competent, you can do what you like. great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually can't believe this is a serious thread

So there you are finished with the ratrace and retired your Gas safe registration lapsed and the boiler packs up.
Well.........................?

Wow guys, such a large response. Awesome. In all these replies i can find what i am looking for. I know it is a touchy subject for all.

I have been Plumbing for just over 3 years now and trained with a gas engineer. I have sat most of my acs exams apart from the practical part as i am still collecting evidence for fires. But i shall finish the practical hopefully this month if i get some free time.

But, to sign up for registration and to buy the FGA is a lot of money, which i will not be able to buy until next year.

I have just moved area to, so am not able to use my old boss's equipment.

Regards

Mutley
its not a touchy subject would you be allowed in court to represent someone without the relievent qualys NO you can represent yourself but you wont get anyware cos you wouldnt no what your talking about same with the gas how do you no how to do a tightness test and what it is and when to do it how do you no what parts youve got how do you no when you disconect something its not leaking the slightest amount that can become id over a few days plus a boiler is a gas fitting and you have to be compentant and be of a chosen orginisation which is gas safe at the moment dont think money comes into it except when you have to pay a big fine out go on the hse website and see all the people whove been done for not being gas safe who were corgi but its run out they would be classed as competetant but they still got done ad leave well alone mate and get some one in

Last edited by a moderator:
So there you are finished with the ratrace and retired your Gas safe registration lapsed and the boiler packs up.
Well.........................?
Call in a Gas Safe Registered engineer.... stand over him and watch he's doing it right! ;0) Ask him loads of questions about what regs have changed since you were a lad ;0)

Right can't resist this!!no person can work on Gas unless competent to do so [ Rule 3 (1)] A competent person is someone who is a member of a recommended body by the H.S.E. [rule 3. (3)] namely Gas Safe, If you are not a member you cannot work on a Gas appliance.... game, set and match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can i service my own boiler if am not gas safe registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
I have a friend who has offered to fit my new boiler to save on costs. He is competent but is retired and no longer gas safe registered. Is he...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
W
Help. I am trying to sell my house and just discovered from local searches that my plumber - who WAS Oftec registered when he installed the...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock