Discuss Can anyone tell me what this is? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, could anyone tell me what this is and what function is serves please:
IMG_1727.JPG

Early pressure reducing valve on an unvented cylinder

Normally replace as it’s that old what’s the problem/ complaint ?

previously quiet pipework has recently developed noisy vibrations, sometimes severe, which moves around the system over the day/s. Usually subsides once another tap is slightly opened. Want to locate what might be generating this turbulence.

Might be worth checking the ball valves in the toilet arnt slowly dribbling/ running as that can cause water hammer

Reply to Can anyone tell me what this is? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Hi I have a leaking TRV on a downstairs radiator and need to get it replaced/fixed. Can anyone on here tell me the average cost to have this done...
Replies
Views
Can anyone please tell me where I might purchase a 90° bend 15mm x 22mm Isolating Valve Thanks and Regards. Hugh
Replies
Views
While having new French doors fitted where my window used to be, the windows fitters have come across a pipe that’s in the way. They stop work as...
Replies
Views
I recently posted a thread about an extractor fan for a downstairs toilet and received lots of help so many thanks to all who helped. In the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock