Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone help advice needed on short courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hiretools

Can u please help me out here im 38 and i want to do plumbing i have already in stalled a complete bathroom from scratch and im now going down the route of a short course costs over 4k but at my age can i really afford to do the long stint at college and come out with the sasme certs it just doesnt make sence im lookin toi go it alone anyway so i dont see wot the problem is unless its just jealousy that the courses werent about a long time ago no offence meant to any 1 reading this its just we aint all 18 frsjh out of school and i want to be a abroad by two years living in spain so wot other choice do i have any reply's will be gratefully recieved constructive critisism only PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. P.S sorry about the no commas or fullstops but i aint that way inclined.

If youve read all the other threads youll have seen the conensus on short courses, so why ask , as Ive said in the past on numerous threads fools and money are soon parted, but its youre choice

Yeh but surely having the 6129 tech cert and 6089 gas safe is the way to go for a quick turn around oldplumber m8.

Hi its hiretools again all i want to know is are the short courses a con
or can u get the certs they say u can in 7 weeks i will progress as i develop myself and gain my experience on site or on my own just dont want to part with my last 4k as i am unemployed and have been for over a year.Nothin personal just want to know how it really is.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
you aint going to get a quick turn around, it takes time patiance and experiance and hard work to make a start and thats just to keep your head above water gas safe aint that easy you wont get a sniff of that for at least another 12 months.

yh i know by quick turn around i meant the short course and certs i know years of hard graft will be ahead that im not bothered about. I suspose i justr want someone to say go for it if thats how u can do it.

Having some pieces of paper in your hand after 12 weeks wont make you a a decent plumber, it also wont garentee you a job.

Having some pieces of paper in your hand after 12 weeks wont make you a a decent plumber, it also wont garentee you a job.
Not askin it to be. Having the piece of paper will at least mean im legal so learn as i go along. And dont take anything for granted

You don't need any papers to be a plumber. But you do for aspects of plumbing like unvented ACS ect ect.
this could change in the future with a min of nvq2 to undertake any plumbing work.
Some of the best plumbers I know have no quals they just done a in house apprentetship train for acs and work under the companys ticket. Don't see it that much anymore especily now companys get grants to get people quals.

Thks for the reply mac like i said my aim is to go it alone but at least with the tech cert and cscs cards the site if i can get on is always an option and a decent way to improve and gain experience even if its at a lower rate for the first year or two it will do me.

If you have fitted a full bathroom yourself the course will not teach you anything you don`t no

Ok i thought it taught u alot more i have put in all new pipe work drainage etc etc new rads new pump (for my boiler old system vented) and new gate valves as well as a new motorised three way valve bled and balanced the system de sludged and de scaled and now works as good as ever but really want to do this course im already first aid trained and i have done my pat testing course and did two months doing electrics 17th edition just want to be fully trained so i can move to spain in a few years and do it there and for that i need me certs.

Wish u all the best and good luck.
Just to let u know you can only get site worker cscs card on the tech cert not a plumber one. You need the full nvq for that.

coming from spain myself, i can tell you - your pat tickets and 17th edition will be of no use.
as for your engineering tickets best speak to zurich or logic first to check they are compatible, coming from there to here mine wernt.

all tradesmen learn by experience. nowt else

i have put in all new pipe work drainage etc etc new rads new pump (for my boiler old system vented) and new gate valves as well as a new motorised three way valve bled and balanced the system de sludged and de scaled

wow you're already a plumber :rolleyes:

Yeh but surely having the 6129 tech cert and 6089 gas safe is the way to go for a quick turn around oldplumber m8.

Hi its hiretools again all i want to know is are the short courses a con
or can u get the certs they say u can in 7 weeks i will progress as i develop myself and gain my experience on site or on my own just dont want to part with my last 4k as i am unemployed and have been for over a year.Nothin personal just want to know how it really is.:D

6089 gas safe???????/ whats that?????/ you done your research right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone help advice needed on short courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock