Discuss Calculation of thermal output??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you have set the head to 1.7 metres. How did you arrive at this?

Which operating mode have you chosen Δp-c or Δp-v?

Is Dynamic Adapt turned on?

My figure of 1.7 m is the measured height differential between the pump and the highest point of the circuit, the inlet to the buffer tank. Did I need to look at something more subtle?

I have not actually set this into the Wilo settings because if I do, my DT shoots up even higher and I eventually get a "Flow Rate Error" on the heat pump. At the moment I have the head set to 4m, (the maximum), and this stops the flow rate error message and gives me a DT of 14C.

I have Dp-c, which is what they recommend for UFH?

No sign of Dynamic Adapt in the instructions or on the display!

Do you have a copy of the heat Pump output curve supplied by the manufacturers?

It looks as though they only do a 10kw model, I'm guessing this would be at A7-W35? If we can have the above, you should be able to calculate the flow rate.

The consequence of a low flow rate will depend on how the heat pump controls operate. Quite likely it will just continue running at a higher flow temperature and higher fridge circuit pressure,which will over time increase wear on the compressor and reduce efficiency overall.

Guys, thanks again to everyone who is taking an interest. Sorry if I'm not responding to every post, but there seems to be some sort of lag where I reply to one post, and then see there was another earlier one that needs a reply. Or perhaps I'm just being confused by all the various posts and questions.

I don't have a heat curve, I'm afraid. It is claimed to be a 15 kW model, I think at A7-W40.

How can I reduce the DT? I cannot increase flow rate any more unless I get the more powerful circulation pump. Ambient air temperature around the heat pump is about 12C at the moment.

My figure of 1.7 m is the measured height differential between the pump and the highest point of the circuit, the inlet to the buffer tank. Did I need to look at something more subtle?
It's much more subtle than that.

Head has nothing to do with measuring the distance between pump and highest point. (I have even read post from "pro's" who didn't know this.) The head of a system is the pressure loss round the circuit due to friction caused by the water flowing. The pump has to overcome this loss and provide the required flow rate. I suspect that your pump may not be able to do this.

Stating the head in metres (of water) is an antiquated way of doing it. The better way is to quote the pressure loss in Bar or kPa.

Wilo recommend ΔP-C for a UF system, so stick with it.

What is the design temperature differential of the UF system?

How was the pump size determined?

If we assume that the heat pump is delivering 15kw, which given the outdoor temperature is probably fairly close, and with a DT of 15. We get a flow rate of 0.31 ltrs/second or 1130 ltrs/hr.

From what little information I can find on this heat pump, the specified flow rate is 2.2m3/hr, yours is 1.13m3/hr.

You've already stated the pump is on maximum, so we have to assume the flow rate is due to frictional loss within the circuit.

How is the heat pump piped in relation to the buffer? A picture would be the best way of showing this.

Worryingly, the pipe connections specified on this unit appear to be 3/4".

OK, I had a nasty suspicion about the way to measure the head!! So, we don't actually know what the head is. No way to know without installing more kit, I'm afraid.

But in any case, can we take a small step back? We seem to have decided that the flow rate is too low. Why do we think this?

You've already stated the pump is on maximum, so we have to assume the flow rate is due to frictional loss within the circuit.

How is the heat pump piped in relation to the buffer? A picture would be the best way of showing this.

Worryingly, the pipe connections specified on this unit appear to be 3/4".

These will effect the flow rate.

How do you lower the condensing temperature on a modern A-W heat pump?
Is this factory set?

These will effect the flow rate.

Well, I appreciate that. But why do we think there is a problem with the flow rate? I was getting a low flow error message. I turned up the flow. I no longer get the message. Therefore there is no problem with the flow rate. ......I'm being deliberately simplistic.

I'd just like to know why some posters think there is a problem.

15Kw air source on single phase is ambitious, if your happy then that's a bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calculation of thermal output??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Hello, hope you're all enjoying the bank holiday weekend. I have a customer with a Dedicated Pressure System (DPS) Heat Bank System (Thermal...
Replies
Views
Good day all, I would like to get some advise and perhaps the solution to the issues with my UFH system. We did install UFH in an entire house...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock