Search the forum,

Discuss C02 alarms in rented houses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Hi, I am newly gas safe after competing my nvq level 3 in plumbing and heating. I am just wanting to clarify that for rented houses a C02 alarm is needed to be fitted in any room were a fuel burning appliance is installed.

Hi, I am newly gas safe after competing my nvq level 3 in plumbing and heating. I am just wanting to clarify that for rented houses a C02 alarm is needed to be fitted in any room were a fuel burning appliance is installed.

It is only where a solid fuel burning appliance is fitted.

Don't you mean co ? Co2 is carbon dioxide

And only required if a solid flue appliance is installed

Yep as above ^^^^^ it should be law , if it is on solid fuel etc why not on gas .
Any landlord is a idiot if he/ she wont supply one .
Advise tenants to buy one and take it with them if they move

Yep as above ^^^^^ it should be law , if it is on solid fuel etc why not on gas .
Any landlord is a idiot if he/ she wont supply one .
Advise tenants to buy one and take it with them if they move

Agreed.
There is a massive emphasis on duty of care and safety for a social or private landlord.
Without fitting one, it would be hard to argue this has been fulfilled should somebody fall ill from a co escape.

Makes you wonder if their are more CO incidents with solid fuel than with gas ! any idea what the % of solid fuel 'v' gas incident's are ??

There are mate, don't know the exact figures.
Solid fuel tends to be all open flue, that's the only reason I can think of tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to C02 alarms in rented houses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock