Search the forum,

Discuss C & M calydra comfort 100 no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

username taken

hi all.got called out to a calydra comfort 100 combi the other day.no DHW or heating.a few lights on the dash were flashing and in the MI's it was saying PCB fault.so i changed this with no difficulty.flicked the isolater and the DHW worked a treat.but no central heating.a day later the pump was making a screaming noise so i put this down to bearings.changed that and all is good but still no heating.it is going through the by-pass so i know its getting heated properly as the pipes are red hot but the actual flow pipe off the three way valve is cold.iv give it a gentle tap as iv been to a few where the pin has stuck but no good.im 99% sure its the three way valve but iv not worked on these boilers before so just wondered if anyone had any advice?are they a common fault on these etc?also iv been told its around 8 years old if that helps.thanks in advance

Are you sure the clorifier is reaching temperture as the hot water could be running of the plate heat exchanger, that boiler is hot water priority and will not give you heating untill the clorifier thermister is satisfied, the same fault can be caused by defective thirmister, blocked coil or defective diverter valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to C & M calydra comfort 100 no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, One year ago I just bought model 100-W 35kw combo for central heating and hot water..and after one year using this central heating ECO mode stop working on DHW, Comfort mode work well for few mints and coming again cold water and after again hot water, but ECO mode stop working at...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned of the ”heating“ on the Drayton box and turned thermostat to zero but obviously had to keep the hot water on as I do every summer but I noticed the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock