Search the forum,

Discuss Building Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Veggie Dave

A theoretical question. ;)

If we find, while fitting a bathroom for example, that the owner has hacked a 'notch' in his joist that's 50% of the depth of the joist (and as wide as it is deep), therefore breaking building regs and, possibly, being structurally dangerous, is there a legal requirement for other tradesmen to report such problems?

In other words, are we potentially open to prosecution if we turn a blind eye to work that we haven't done and that has nothing to do with plumbing?

Well, it does not consider plumbing. you could tell the owner to support the joist if necessary and to be carefully
If you would like to report everything what you see and is not done according to Regulations it would be long list on every house.

Theoretically I would protect myself first - if you turned a blind eye and fitted the bathroom and afterwards it was found that the structure was compromised you would be first in the line of fire IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Building Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to help my mother in law by renovating her bathroom for her as it was in quite a sad state. The bathroom is a very poor attempt at a bedroom to bathroom convertion. So bad that it still had carpet over the whole floor, the area around the bathtub has no waterproofing what so...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony at one end of the property is connected to a combined water/sewage system with the...
Replies
Views
Amelia
A
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed with my current situation. We bought a new build and after getting my boiler and unvented cylinder serviced my plumber raised the fact that he estimates the D2 discharge pipe to have a resistance flow length on 12m and as it's 22mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a GS registered installer installs a new boiler that does not meet the standards of the Commissioning Checklist, but signs it off anyway, what is to be...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock