Discuss Building regs vs Gas Safe - arrgh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i could be wrong in thinking here but,
get someone to de-com it, take it of the wall cap pipes then get b.r to sign of the building works.
dont have to have the boiler there do you?.
then re-fit when he's gone.

or am i barking mad?,

i could be wrong in thinking here but,
get someone to de-com it, take it of the wall cap pipes then get b.r to sign of the building works.
dont have to have the boiler there do you?.
then re-fit when he's gone.

or am i barking mad?,

Spot on I reckon yer right redsaw, If the OP is local to Oxford I will do it for nothing just too upset the jumped up moron and I would have great pleasure in telling him he is a moron

Last edited:
Did she say what make of boiler it was....just thinking: GasMan + Axe = no more issues!! :)

I would go for the gas safety certificate option, get it checked over by a Gas Engineer and if it ticks all the boxes then surely they can't complain ?

This morning I have discovered that the original plumber who installed it is Gas Safe registered still (is just registered under a slightly different name) so there is no problem with him commissioning it. Hurray. All that stress etc all over with.

Its shown me though to always check sodding paperwork done at the time....

Thanks for all your ideas. I was going to start looking into them but luckily I don't have to now.

Thanks
becky

this must be very common, alot of unregistered boilers out there I think the public should be educated in the problems it can cause.

i had same situation maybe 3 weeks ago. The customer was selling their house but never had the benchmark filled in or signed off.

I rang GSR and they said i could commission and sign off. Found gas pipework to be undersized and had to do a re-run to bring to standard. i then serviced appliance and commissioned!

take it out, re install it as a second hand applinace and register it

i had same situation maybe 3 weeks ago. The customer was selling their house but never had the benchmark filled in or signed off.

I rang GSR and they said i could commission and sign off. Found gas pipework to be undersized and had to do a re-run to bring to standard. i then serviced appliance and commissioned!

That is what I said! Others said GS won't issue the certificate but am sure they can, it would be the same as if it was old but relocated from another property. AS others say it must be A rated.

were going to see a lot of this as most of the gsr fitters i know dont register their installs

This is amazing. As I don't get out there in the real world I assume most people do it by the book (obviously even then innocent mistakes can be made). But only yesterday MR TP was telling me this same thing. And he was telling me loads of people install boilers when they are GSR but not done Boiler thing. So they get others to sign it off - which is totally noy on.

And the installers I know are frequently attending properties with incorrect installations - this just shouldn't be the case.
And when I think of all the money we spend on insurance, GSR, qualifications it is very annoying.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Building regs vs Gas Safe - arrgh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock