Discuss Brown deposits on radiator. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimmyr6

Over the last couple of years I get brown deposits appearing on one radiator in the living room, the other 2 radiators in the living room, or any other radiators in the house are not affected.
These brown deposits wipe off easily with a damp cloth, they then re-appear over a few weeks.
There's no dampness or any sign of leakage.
There's nothing nearby that could possibly spray the radiator.
Anybody seen this type of thing ?
Is there a fix or does the radiator need to be replaced ?
Photo is attached.

Attachments

• radiator.jpg
    radiator.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 73
Rusting from the inside out.....best get it changed before winter sets in ..how old is your system?....regards Turnpin...welcome to the forum's Jim:welcome:

The radiators are probably 20 years old,the boiler is newer, just 4 years old.
The thing that puzzles me is that the brown deposits wipe off, only to come back.

The thing that puzzles me is that the brown deposits wipe off, only to come back.

As turnpin said, rusting from inside to outside. Just little droplets at the moment but one day ..........

Last edited:
They're basically pinhole size holes due to corrosion which seep water.. Like everyone has said, you really need to replace any rads that are like this and flush your system out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brown deposits on radiator. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Just had new Worcester Greenstar 8000 Lite Boiler and all radiators replaced. We upgraded to a combi Boiler. Had issues during and now after...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our flat has communal heating and our thermostat is set so low so the heating should never be coming on. However over the last 10...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock