Search the forum,

Discuss Broken WC pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spikeyhead

Just been up to the log cabin up the garden to find the toilet floor wet. Obviously all pipes drained down over the winter period, so I was wondering where all the water had come from. Opened the toilet to find it had a block of ice in it and had cracked. Thinking back to all the outside toilets over the years I had never come across a broken pan due to freezing conditions before. May be modern ceramics are not up to the job anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Broken WC pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
D
Hey all. I'm installing a new toilet (Bunnings special...) in my ensuite. I seemingly had it all connected properly, but when I was testing for leaks by flushing over and over it started leaking.. It seems like it's leaking where the rubber vario bend seal goes over the china toilet pan outlet...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock