Search the forum,

Discuss Gurgling after flush, then loo drains too low and bubbles. (UK) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

T

TrevorCoultart

Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.)

When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the pan goes too low, to the point that bubbles regularly come back up (and continue coming intermittently). I've tried buckets of water and detergents, and a couple of different 'plunging' techniques but nothing seems to change. What's my next approach? Was imagining trying something like a toilet snake/auger but very mixed reviews about success of these and I'm not sure if they'd be the right tool anyway.

Context: Three story house, this bathroom is on the top floor. Toilet drains down soil stack that passes all the way down one corner of the house, passing kitchen on middle deck and utility room (with a second WC in) on ground floor. No issues with ground floor toilet.

You have a blockage somewhere.
It could also be a venting issue, but this would have been apparent from when the toilet was installed.

Best get someone in with a camera to determine where the blockage is.
Cameras can get through the toilet bowl without removing the toilet.

Reply to Gurgling after flush, then loo drains too low and bubbles. (UK) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
O
Hi all, Hope you're well. Anyone any ideas... randomly 2 of our toilets started backing up when flushed (2 on same stack 1st floor and ground, 3rd loo (2nd floor) on its own seperate riser is fine) and takes circa 10s to level out. When flushed you can hear the gurgles and burps from the...
Replies
Views
OddJobRob
O
Hi All, I really need some advice on a home plumbing issue please. We have a sound when closing taps and flushing toilets that started a few months ago. I have tried many times to empty the system by closing off the mains inlet stopcock, opening all the taps, flushing the toilets, etc...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hey there, First time posting here, thanks in advance for any advice you can give. First things first: I'm an idiot and I have no idea about proper plumbing lingo so go easy on me! I'm pretty cash strapped but I have a serious problem with my basement toilet and shower drain - dirty water is...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a new build that’s approx 3 years old. A couple of weeks ago the downstairs toilet started gurgling due to the water level in the bowl being low. I plunged it and that seemed to allow the water level to rise (although still not as high as I would expect). Recently however I’ve started...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock