Discuss Broken soil pipe sealing ring - any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 110mm soil stack which is completely boxed in, it has a branch coming into the bathroom for the toilet this branch ends in a push fit seal which a solid pipe fits into. The ring seal on the end of the branch is broken and therefore the rubber doesn't hold the pipe securely. Is there a way to replace these? I can put the rubber seal round the pipe and fill in behind it with silicone and it would probably hold but I'd like to do a better job, can't dismantle the soil stack though.
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Peter

Any chance of a few pics of the broken pieces

Attachments

• pipe.png
    pipe.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 19
  • seal & ring 2.png
    seal & ring 2.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 19
  • seal and ring.png
    seal and ring.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 18
Yep spot on two options

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-dc1-bl-drain-connector-black-110mm/4255v

Or you could glue a piece of 110mm into the socket

Or option 3 , if you can identify the make and the design hasn't changed, you could buy a coupler and use the seal and ring from that.

One or 2 ifs and buts in that tho'.

Reply to Broken soil pipe sealing ring - any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Fitting a new toilet onto this old cast soil pipe that only fits in about 2inches. It's coming through the wall at an angle and can't be changed...
Replies
Views
The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock