Search the forum,

Discuss Broken outdoor water spigot, no water inside of house in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to pick someone's brain. Let me start with the events that led up to having no water. I have an old farm house with outside well running to the pressure tank in the basement. There is an outside water spigot about 7 or 8ft away from the well cap. The handle on the spigot froze and was leaking so someone took it upon themselves to try and replace just the head of the spigot and ended up breaking it off about knee deep give or take. I have to keep the breaker off for the well pump otherwise the water will just continue to come out of the broken pipe. Since this has happened I have absolutely no water inside of the house (obviously when the breaker is turned back on). I'm guessing I need to find a shut off valve or find a way to plug that broken pipe in order to redirect the water back to the house and not straight out of the broken pipe.

Reply to Broken outdoor water spigot, no water inside of house in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock