Discuss broken boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

louisqaz

HI NEW TO THE FORUM , WE HAVE AN APOLLO 30/50 B GAS BOILER THAT HAS STOPPED WORKING, IT KEEPS BLOWING THE 3a FUSE, AND I CONNOT GET THE PILOT TO LIGHT, THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS IT HAS MADE A CLUNKING SOUND WHEN IT SWITCHES ITSELF OFF , COULD ANYONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THANKS

Power cable has been run along the flow pipes and has melted through causing a short circuit.?

sounds like it could be thermocouple or interupter fault for pilot light not to hold.

if the fuse is blowing dont worry about lighting the pilot as it wont work until you find the cause of fuse blowing it could be numerous things ,dont be tempted to remove the cover ,it could be your pump or zone valve or something external that is causing the fault maybe check for water leaks around airing cupboard

Thanks for the advice i will have a look in the morning i hope it is something simply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to broken boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hi, Am trying to understand my mother's Apollo boiler. It has an intermittent fault. In the last couple of years, it has had a new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock