Discuss british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got boiler and fire service job, cos cust has to ring bg to come and do the work and they turn up 6 months later, so job done every 18 months not 12 so ends up paying for the years that no service done
nice :yes:

Yeah, they make quality products. Not cheap though.

Our last washing machine lasted a week out of the warranty period and the engineer who came round to fix it, basically said, it's not economically worth repairing it. Can't remember what was wrong, but I had tried repairing it myself to no avail. So binned it, and bought another one from Curries. This one is now a month or two outside of the warranty period. So I'll probably need a new one soon. First one was Indesit, new one is Whirlpool I think. £320 if memory serves me right. I don't use the thing, not my domain.

I serviced a customers boiler about 2 months ago and to reach the boiler which was up high above washing machine, I supported myself off the ladders by putting my foot on the washing machine. I got called back, customer said "washing machine hasn't worked since I left" I immediately knew I must have been to blame, apologised and told her to get a quote for repair and phone me. She phoned me next day (on my rest day) to say the washing machine needed a pcb and would cost £400, I contacted my manager who reimbursed the customer all costs. Now this is what should happen when we get it wrong, were all human and mistakes do happen, if anyone on here states they have never cocked up, then I applaud them.

You were stupidly gullible on this occasion.

Yeah, they make quality products. Not cheap though.

Our last washing machine lasted a week out of the warranty period and the engineer who came round to fix it, basically said, it's not economically worth repairing it. Can't remember what was wrong, but I had tried repairing it myself to no avail. So binned it, and bought another one from Curries. This one is now a month or two outside of the warranty period. So I'll probably need a new one soon. First one was Indesit, new one is Whirlpool I think. £320 if memory serves me right. I don't use the thing, not my domain.

At least they can be bought for a days wage these days. My mum said their first washer cost almost a months wages, but lasted 25 years lol.

I remember as a lad (in the 60's ) my ma had a radiogram (a big teak wireless) that still had the price on the inside if the door. 87 guineas (£91.35) for a wireless in 1960?

the big white thing with a door that washes closes in the kitchen is a total mystery to me,its a bosch and just like its wall hung version has lots of plastic bits and a blue light

You were stupidly gullible on this occasion.
I wasn't gullible mate, it was obvious that I'd damaged it, either that or a coincidence and the customer can't lie as to how much the repair was, as British Gas will want a receipt for the part used and the work carried out. One thing I did learn from this experience, was that if a washing machine is in your way, move it and advise the customer that in order to work on the boiler in future, the washing machine will have to be moved for access or a unit built over it.

I wasn't gullible mate, it was obvious that I'd damaged it, either that or a coincidence and the customer can't lie as to how much the repair was, as British Gas will want a receipt for the part used and the work carried out. One thing I did learn from this experience, was that if a washing machine is in your way, move it and advise the customer that in order to work on the boiler in future, the washing machine will have to be moved for access or a unit built over it.
i bet it was knackered before you started stitched up springs to mind,you move it and it leaks thats also your fault i cant see how by standing on it you can make the pcb fail sorry but thats not washing with me i would have disputed that claim

Last edited by a moderator:

move it and rip lino so stitched any hows

i bet it was knackered before you started stitched up springs to mind,you move it and it leaks thats also your fault i cant see how by standing on it you can make the pcb fail sorry but thats not washing with me i would have disputed that claim
me neither

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock