Discuss British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
copper doctor, do not fear if you cant sell something that should never be sold! its a criminal organisation haha

Get down some plumbers merchants and ask around to see what companies are busy and target them

On the apprenticeship now. interview straight forward- 2min role play(you pretend to be an engineer arriving at customers a little late, you're given a bit of a hard time but as long as you remain polite it's fine) the there is a practical wiring exercise from written instructions, it's simple as long as you follow the sheet. Just be confident, see you in May

just you and assessor and maybe a service manager from the patch you may go to if successful, it's all very relaxed. as for the 16k that's no more but if you decide to leave you have to reimburse training cost which decreases every year you complete in the apprenticeship, which is a fair one they're not gonna train yer then let you go and work for yerself. You also do a

sorry did'nt finish..... do a Duke of Edinburgh scheme whilst on the course

Hi Kerry,
i did my apprentiship through british gas in 2003 i think it was now.
after the initial phone interviews came a series of tests (english, maths, spacial awareness etc) and a final interview after the results were in from the tests. i was new into the industry when i applied for this and wasnt quite sure on the wire colours of a plug, ha. but the fact that they are going to put you through an apprentiship, that doesnt matter too much. They just want to know that you are of a certain level of intelligence/integrity and will see htrough the course and be an asset to the company.
Im from Essex (no jokes please) and had to move to Leeds for a year to study at the Engineering academy there.
I cannot fault the Apprentiship i was put through, best in the industry im told, and they really invest money in you, so want you to suceed!!
Good luck with it all and if you have any questions just ask.

G

thats why their prices are so high, spending money on "roleplaying days"

deary me

Eeek, only 3 more sleeps and then i get to go on mine. Just curious, were yours in hotels or bg centres? Ive got to drive all the way to Thatcham for mine which google says is 2 hours away from me. Im adding an extra hour to that at least!

Hey everyone, been reading through so thought I would join up

I went for my assessment for apprentice service and repair in April in Leeds
I got the job :) I did a lot of preparation though

I start on the 27th of June
Anyone else start then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock