Discuss British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had my assessment today but i think i screwed it :( the interview, observation part, practical went excellent BUT i completely screwed the role play, very disapointed in myself in that part, oh well.

Oh no! What sort of stuff did you have to do. Im sooooo nervous about mine : (

it prob went along the lines of "so you are in a 95 yr olds house and have traced the fault to a faulty fuse, describe in no more than 50 words how much you can get her to sign over to us for a new boiler and power flush"

yeah, i did really bad in the role play, and just had an e-mail saying i didn't get the job. Im trying to be objective and not let it get to me...I want to get into the trade and im trying to stay positive and just treat it as a set back but something i'll spring back from...

it prob went along the lines of "so you are in a 95 yr olds house and have traced the fault to a faulty fuse, describe in no more than 50 words how much you can get her to sign over to us for a new boiler and power flush"

Heh, that made me smile :D

Sorry to hear that, something will come up though evetually! What was the role play like? what sort of stuff did you have to say?

You had to deal with an angry/annoyed customer and convince her that the service contract she was on was worth staying on and good value.

Funny how they make you deal with angry and annoyed customers hey, must be something they get often if they have to train you how to deal with it. Good ol BG :)

yeah, she said you would dealing with angry people A LOT!! maybe, i had a lucky escape because tbh i wouldn't want a job like that. However, my pride's a bit dented from not being offered the role but you live and learn i guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock