Discuss British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've applied for trainee service and repair technician in bristol. You?

same position but north london. where you hoping to dothe training? im in dartford

i live in bristol so wherever is closest.

After your telephone interview how long was it before they got in contact with you to arrange your proper interview??

it wasnt too long i think they arranged it over the phone interview

I didn't have that luxury, i hope thats not bad news for me, u got me slightly worried..

I have my assessment day for apprentice service and repair technician in Leeds this week. How long does it last? I've just gone to book train tickets and realised I don't know how long I'm going to be there.

I'm looking forward to it but really nervous about the role playing as I hate doing that sort of thing, even though I have 12 years of customer service experience.

Also I'm 32. What are the chances of getting offered an apprentice position at my age?

Good luck with your assessment day! Mines in 2 weeks and im actually bricking it! I think its meant to last about 3 hours. I hate doing role plays and stuff, my mind just goes blank with nerves. Im 25 so im guessing it wont be youngsters. Let me know how you get on : )

Also, what plumbing qualifications do you have if you dont mind me asking? Ive only got my tech cert and thought they wanted an nvq level 2 but apparentally they just want 4 a-c gcses?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any plumbing qualifications. I an an NVQ Level 3 but in IT. I'm sure it will be fine but Role playing is just embarrassing.

Hope yours goes well :eek:)

On a side note does anyone know what British Gas are like to work for? I've been reading some horror stories! :/

What kind of money they talking for apprentice? Any experience needed?

Its £5k for year one, £11k for year two and £31k fully qualified although that can take 5 years apparentely. Also if you leave within 5 years after training you have to pay the cost of training back so tied to British Gas for 10 years at least

Need 4 gcse's thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock