Discuss British Gas and their fascination with Power Flush... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
British Gas (BG)Maintenance Plan...have read similar posts

wriggle out clause is similar to "water not included"

(Reminded me of Xmas toys- without Batteries + Message on Box)

I agree with Tom. Service contracts are a numbers game and a big risk to independents. Spending a Saturday afternoon in the bookies betting favourites with your weekly takings would probably give you better odds of surviving.

villa_tom;448472would you really keep changing pump after pump on a system if you knew that it was sludge or a system defect making the pump fail?? I doubt you would.[/QUOTE said:
Rather than put a plaster on it i'd fix the underlying problem.

BG do a system check, including a water check, before they accept the system on contract.

They advertise that the contract includes a service, but just do a gas check - 20 minutes and they're gone.

Money for old rope.

I agree with Tom. Service contracts are a numbers game and a big risk to independents. Spending a Saturday afternoon in the bookies betting favourites with your weekly takings would probably give you better odds of surviving.

I agree with this. Some years ago we (family business) were asked if we could provide this sort of thing for a local housing association for around 500 properties. They were after an all singing all dancing contract that covered all CH repairs. We looked at what had been spent on maintaining the systems over the previous couple of years and found a couple that had cost over a grand to put right. You only need one of those to lose all of the profit on a small contract. Service contracts are a numbers game to spread the risk and you've got to tie it down really tight to avoid the expensive calls. You then end up being more expensive than BG for the same poor cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas and their fascination with Power Flush... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock