Discuss British Gas and their fascination with Power Flush... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would have got a flush for half the price BG charge from a local plumber, probably the boiler change too...... wont be done by an engineer in a blue van tho.

agree with everything said, but think about the day when you loose your job, no money coming in and your boiler breaks down, you'll wish you had BG cover then!!

agree with everything said, but think about the day when you loose your job, no money coming in and your boiler breaks down, you'll wish you had BG cover then!!

I'd argue you could put the same amount of money in a savings account every month, accrue some interest on that money and save it for a rainy day.

I'd argue you could put the same amount of money in a savings account every month, accrue some interest on that money and save it for a rainy day.

If you dont spend it in the mean time!!
depends on how good you are at saving and how much you think your boiler will break down,

"my boiler will never break down, i will spend that money on a new tv" next day boiler breaks down...

my point is, BG cover is good for some people not for others

As what has been said, BG is there for the profit and profit only. They don't care about customers like us small one bands do.

Really gets my back up!

As what has been said, BG is there for the profit and profit only. They don't care about customers like us small one bands do.

Really gets my back up!

True and they will wriggle out of the contract on small things, some smaller guys do service contracts, I would recommend these more then BG and I certainly will be doing service contracts hen I earn enough dough

I'm thinking of doing these contracts soon to be honest, but I'd offer a better service than BG do.

Amount of times I have been to customers where BG wouldn't fix it.

Offering service contracts is a risky risky business if you ask me. Say someone pays you twenty quid a month over a year, that equals £240. If that boilers PCB fails then there's your £240 gone then your working for free and probably losing money.

Plus you'd have to take BG's attitude towards things if you offered service contracts, would you really keep changing pump after pump on a system if you knew that it was sludge or a system defect making the pump fail?? I doubt you would.

Its easy to say that you'd do a better job than BG, but in reality when it comes down to your a business as they are and money is what everything comes down to.

Offering service contracts is a risky risky business if you ask me. Say someone pays you twenty quid a month over a year, that equals £240. If that boilers PCB fails then there's your £240 gone then your working for free and probably losing money.

Plus you'd have to take BG's attitude towards things if you offered service contracts, would you really keep changing pump after pump on a system if you knew that it was sludge or a system defect making the pump fail?? I doubt you would.

Its easy to say that you'd do a better job than BG, but in reality when it comes down to your a business as they are and money is what everything comes down to.

but you put it against the people who dont claim for 3 years!!

but you put it against the people who dont claim for 3 years!!

Those people are few and far between though mate. Even if you go to a repair and don't use any parts it's still costing you time and you could end up being run ragged. It obviously does work as there are many companies doing it, but I think I has to be done a large scale to make it profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas and their fascination with Power Flush... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
Had a quote for a new boiler installation. Quote said... Power Flush require and install new boiler, ==== After the boiler was started, it was...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock