Discuss Booster pump installed successfully, but now boiler goes to overheat! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try sucking the vent pipe that goes over your small tank in roofspace. Or give it a good blow. :rolleyes:

That's a good suggestion, will try everything you say and if no joy, at least I tell to myself---I did all I could and then ring a professional... If you have more ideas, I am up all night working until morning, keep posting! Thank you everyone!

Turn on your central heating, does that work? ... did you turn off the valves to your central heating pump when you were working in the airing cupboard? ... i have seen people turn every valve off if they are not sure what is what...

I didn't go near the boiler in the first place, I just worked upstairs were the pipes and hot water cylinder is. Turned off 3 valves when installing the pump, was a very straightforward job, then turned back all of them back except for one by my stupid mistake, the one going to the bottom coil of the cylinder. And then when all overheat problems started I double checked and found this valve closed, which is open now but still the problem is there. Pump is installed right I suppose as the water pressure has increased nicely as described by manufacturer.

The boiler starts as it should be: boiler on, fan on, pilot on, burner on. Can see fire burning, all good, but then stops and overheat light comes up and is there until everything cools down and I am able to reset it then.

As mentioned few times before it either your Pump or one of the valves is closed, something restricts the flow therefore it overheats

Can you tell me then what's a not working pump? I understand it is silent, not vibrating, nothing spinning. My one is the opposite and I even unscrewed the middle of it and the impeller is spinning. If some valves are faulty then they would be behaving faulty, never closing to firm end or opening to a full stop. Again the ones I have are working perfectly. I have all the rads switched off now as we need only hot water now. Will opening all rads and bleeding them help solve the issue?

I think @ShaunCorbs has mentioned it earlier you will need an engineer to look at it.
It would be also greatly appreciated if you can let us know what the issue was

Thanks, I will try to blow the pipes in the loft midday today as suggested, and if no luck, will bring a Pro in to solve the problems. Will write back how my saga finished later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Booster pump installed successfully, but now boiler goes to overheat! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock