Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Boiler with 10 year warranty? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. armyash

armyash Plumber GSR

I have been to look at a job, customer needs a combi swap. He has been looking online and has decided he wants a 10 year warranty.

He wants worcester, vaillant or Ideal. I can't find anything with a 10 year.
    Is this possible? if so I'm sure it will mean the install has to meet certain criteria, which will mean fitting the extras like filters etc which I always ty and do anyway. Obviously depending on if the customer wants to pay.

Any recommendations?
    Thanks

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Are you A Vaillant accredited installer? Or Worcester?

3. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Ideal logic max
    Ideal vogue with filter
    Vaillant if you are advance

4. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yeah accreditation required I think

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Worcester approved and cdi plus there controls and there filter 10 years

Viessmann are 10 if you pay I think around 200

Vaillant require there protection kit and approved

Ideal require approved, there filter and I think a fee

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scott_1979

Scott_1979 GSR

Put a Baxi platinum in 10 years out the box and bulletproof, big beast though. You don’t have to jump through any hoops like other manufacturers make you.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Scott_1979

Scott_1979 GSR

What ideal does your customers want ? Unless it’s a vogue they have to be the worst built boilers on the market. Even the vogues previous brass blocks are now plastic.

8. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

Intergas combi some models you get 10 years warranty as standard

9. Jones82

Jones82 GSR

I’ve fit ideal for years and not any problems, Ive always flushed the system and fit a filter mind.

I’ve heard that used to have a problem with heat exchangers and cracked sumps but I’ve not seen one on any that I’ve fit in the last five years.

The new Ideal logic max are 10 years warranty and vogue max 12. You just have to join their ideal connect points scheme, no “hoops” to jump through.

On the other hand I’ve seen countless cracked plastic parts on Worcester’s and blocked heat exchangers. In my opinion Worcester’s are overrated.

Also how do you become a Worcester accredited installer? By fitting X amount a month it’s not about anything other than sales

Too be honest a bad boiler fitted well will last longer than any boiler fitted badly :p I have a 12 year old b&q biasi boiler to prove it

• Like Like x 1
  10. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Fitted a biasi yesterday. What a load of trash.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Ideal vogue will give you at least a 10 year warranty , Intergas or Atag are 10 year .

• Like Like x 2
  12. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

WB prob the best warranty on the market, all other look for reasons to charge before they even turn up at the door.

13. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

There are two issues here. 1. A 10 year warrantee. 2. Boiler quality. I am pragmatic and would choose a quality boiler over any warrantee. One might say that poorly built boiler manufacturers have to cover this with long warranties. I would advise an ATAG boiler installed by an ATAG accredited engineer. Very soon installers who just fit anything and whom are not accredited might find quality work drying up Rob Foster aka centralheatking

14. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No issues with Vaillant warranty

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

We used to fit Vaillant spot on units with great service back up, we had the first sign written trucks in Somerset with the Easter bunny on and full vaillant van pack wrapping they are still the Audi of heating boliers it’s just ATAG are Honda and superior
    Chking

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018