Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler servicing and Gas safety Certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

When you have serviced a boiler is it compulsory to issue a gas safety certificate for the boiler? I didn't think it was am I wrong?

No, only if doing a CP12, other types of certificates you can use if you want, I just fill in log book & put on invoice reason for call service boiler

That's what I thought, I serviced a back boiler today and said I'd send the invoice in the post. then about an hour later the customers daughter phoned me and said I must issue a cert as it's the law. I said its not and I just wanted some reassurance. I never normally do. What's cp12?

Nope two different things which are charged for seperately or if done together discounted.

Should know this one Landlords Safety Certificate [CP12] look at the form number Go onto CORGI web site will give you all available forms that you require along with there reference numbers

Sorry I didn't know the numbers but I know what lanlord certs are. Thanks for your help

I always leave and get the customer to sign a service / maintenance sheet. (Think my sheets are regin) and then post on an invoice

Get "Gas engineer software" on your phone, really good you can email or print gas certs, invoices, service records etc. really works well

Get "Gas engineer software" on your phone, really good you can email or print gas certs, invoices, service records etc. really works well

I also use "gas engineer software" it seems very good, but my issue is that I have requested a few more certs to be added and these seem to take quite a while. I'm not too sure if they are all the same. The good thing is that the first price that you pay is the price for life.

the answer to the daughters questions is .......... yes i can supply a gas cert aswell as an invoice............ for ÂŁ10.

Tony I have phoned them today about a few things they are currently working on the calendar that has been more difficult than they anticipated but nearly finished after the are continuing to improve the software and apps, I get the impression they are quite a small organisation but seem very dedicated to getting it as we want and welcome your suggestions when I phone he knows it's me so the personal touch is there and they normally call you back if it goes to answer phone

Ive been on a few times regarding an issue thats bugging me...

Print and sync.

Why cant they add a print button..
Its impossible to print unless you email it off 1st and sync.

Sync takes just too long after every job.

No good when youve no signal to sync and the customer is 60 and only ever heard of shemale....never email.
So you end up wasting time.
Also they could have a printer friendly cert.
The current ones are lovely but use too much colour and ink.
Gas checker seems more economical and speedy.

Having used it for a while im erring towards gas checker.
But they both still have issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried gas checker but preferred GES but that was approx six months ago, too late now I've paid for GES
But to be fair it is relatively new and the are working on it
I don't like the fact you can't click on date order to find your resent jobs on (PC)
Know what you mean about print, give them a call they probably don't realise they seem to appreciate feed back

It would be good to see a power flush cert an unvented service cert and... I know there was another but I can't think.

I tried gas checker but preferred GES but that was approx six months ago, too late now I've paid for GES
But to be fair it is relatively new and the are working on it
I don't like the fact you can't click on date order to find your resent jobs on (PC)
Know what you mean about print, give them a call they probably don't realise they seem to appreciate feed back
Gas Checker have recently wacked up its pricing, so what would stop them from doing it again, and if you have all that info on there... its a lot to loose or try to transfer over to another.

You can normally alter printer settings to only do B&W

Not really an improvement as there are large areas filled with ink as opposed to gas checkers box outlines with no fill.

Yes gas checker have wopped up pricing

Answer to the first question as everyone has said is No. But it is good practice as a business to do so, in case questions are asked latter.

I think the GES lads are quite young and presumed that it would mainly be emailed, again phone them up with your feedback

I have emailed a few times with different things, the response is always similar. .. plan to do this in the next 6 months, doing soon as I have received similar requests etc.. I think they will get delt with its just a case of when.

Same response if you phone, at moment, as you say think they will sort it's just a case of when. They appear to focus on one thing at a time at the moment it's the calendar I did make a suggestion about that the other day that it can do appointments that roll on until you complete but was told that was to late to incorporate, if I was them I would get feedback first to see what we want and ideas we have

As regards signal to sync I think it's a bloody disgrace that for the money we pay for our mobiles that we have such crap patchy coverage, it's not like we live in a vast country.

But the sync is patchy too.
You go to a good signal area and click sync.
It will say perhaps syncing 24 files....
Do the same again it will say syncing 49 files. And again syncing (enter file number here). Im immediate succession without entering or adding anything

Seems no rhyme or reason to it.
Then when you fail to sync or delete. It magically appears again.

There are some definate issues that have made me lose confidence in it

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of understand what you mean I just synced mine and I haven't done anything on it and it synced 11 files but only got half way through and said complete

If you do it again it will say another random number.
I do like it and it is the way forward and the guys n gals are first rate. But it needs a little polish

For a service you don't have to leave anything but good practice to do so. I get mine from bes. Gas safety inspection record. Very good as has boxes to tick depends on What you carried out, service, installation. Very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler servicing and Gas safety Certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock