Discuss Boiler queries - Worcester Bosch Compact in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
fitted about 4 of the 36 compact CDI , what can i say I have fitted one last friday too and they are just the one to go for !!!

customer service to back this outstanding boiler second to none !!!

there is no other boiler manufacture to compare there customer care with Worcester Bosch in UK

Where does the magnet thing go? I believe there will be pipes comign out of the bottom of the boiler - but these can be boxed in.

----

Trouble is if you do a search you get good and bad for any make - with WB and with Ideal.

I will discuss the CDi with the next guythat gives me a quote. I have to consider the considerable cost and hassle of putting it into the ktichen as I woudl end up losing cupboard space - also the piping and electrics will be a lot more complex and it would have to go into a place that does not have a direct line for gas and electric liek the Compact would (i.e if I go for Compact I can put a straight gas/elec behind the units but if I go for the CDi we will have to look into taking the ceiling down to bypass pipes going all the way aroudn the kitchen and so on.

That si not to say I wouldn't go for the CDi but need more convincing it is that muc better.

Yes, no proper reviews for the Compact - most reviews abotu other Worcester Bosch's and the brand generally.

I'd put boiler choice above cupboard space in the matter of importance TBH ;)

Apparently, if you have a water meter in the property you need an expansion vessel on your main otherwise the guarantee means zilch.

worcester = hardwork an headaches if you ask me !!

Apparently, if you have a water meter in the property you need an expansion vessel on your main otherwise the guarantee means zilch.

water meter = non return
when the hot tap gets closed the plate hex still absorbs the heat and the water expands, no where to expand to by design without a small expansion vessel (shock arrestor)

I think viessmann and atag have built in expansion vessels for this purpose

not it hard at all just get a shock arrestor an fit under boiler, tiny little things. Or fit anywhere on cold main.

I'd put boiler choice above cupboard space in the matter of importance TBH ;)

Point taken - it was the Bosch boiler guy that was really pushing the Compact on me - he reckons it is as good as the CDi and saw no reason why I shouldn't go for the Compact (I did explain the cupboard issue though so he took that into account).

I will see what the next guy says. A secodn view is always good.

Before said guy came the CDi was in my mind as it appeared more pwoerful but having looked into it, the Compact 36 has a higher flowrate and will do my central heating.

The downside for the Comapct seem to be it may be more difficult to work on and it is not tried and tested (but been out for about 6 months only).

Last edited:
Stop getting to manyan in ! You will get lost . Stick to what you have seen so far .....
it ain't going to tell you something that you have not read here already

fitted about 4 of the 36 compact CDI , what can i say I have fitted one last friday too and they are just the one to go for !!!

customer service to back this outstanding boiler second to none !!!

there is no other boiler manufacture to compare there customer care with Worcester Bosch in UK
baxi are a mixed bag,in wales if your a works member next day guaranteed xmas day and boxing day excluded,they have not let me down in 8 years and the rep is excellent and a duotec HEA will outlast any worcester shame it wont fit in a cupboard,they come in outputs of 24,28,33,40 kw and have a 7 year warranty as standard parts are reasonable after the warranty expires as well and very easy to work on in my book thats valiant and Worcester out

Last edited by a moderator:
I have fitted a duotec in a few cupboards. And still met clearances (just) did one the other day had to remove a protherm 80e duotec in the same spot. Only 5mm difference in size.

But any how another vote for baxi over here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler queries - Worcester Bosch Compact in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock