Discuss Boiler not lighting properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, and merry Christmas to everyone!

My boiler has stopped working properly and so I have no heating or hot water.

Everything runs but the flame doesn't appear to be powerful enough to heat the water, rather than seeing the normal blue jets, it looks more like a pilot light leaning to one side, as if its not getting enough gas. I have checked my gas hob and that is working fine so doesn't appear to be a supply issue.

I have called out British gas who are coming tomorrow but am concerned as I have all the family round for dinner so can anyone tell me if they think it will be a quick simple job or not?

It is an ideal classic ff230, I have attached a picture of the flame!

Thanks.
e48fad54767a30204d6fa697401eceb6.jpg

Sorry but no and good luck getting bg out on crimbo day

Does the port valve move / the pump come onwhen you select either heating or hot water?

Last edited:
They are coming out between 8 and 1.

The pump and fan both run normally, not sure about the valve, how would I check, its a y-plan setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler not lighting properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
D
Recently noticed a gas smell coming from my ideal classic RS50 boiler. Cadent have been out and confirmed a small leak and capped off the gas. The...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock