Currently reading:
Boiler Leaking, Need replacement?

Discuss Boiler Leaking, Need replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tec

My Potterton Kingfisher CF50 floor stander has started leaking, well when I say started, the water is gushing out, well almost.

I guess the only option is replacement?

The boiler is in the kitchen, the flue goes out to the roof, with the HW cylinder and pump, valve in the airing cupboard upstairs. Header tank in the loft.

What is best option for replacement? (3-bed detached, Cavity wall insulated)

I was looking at option of something like the Potterton Promax HE Store to relocate into the airing cupboard, or are there better options?

I would rather have something that does not need room or space ventilation, as I don't want a cold house in the winter because I need a big hole in the wall for ventilation.

I guess I will be looking at at least £2,000 for boiler and fitting?

Thanks.

Hi Colin , I am sorry about that I did sent my message and I am not sure what has gone wrong there !

My message was :

Thank you for contacting me , and as you were already mention that you are likely to hire a local installer I am not going to waist your and my time for visiting your home.

Also I were going to suggest a WB 30cdi with 7 years guarantee + Magnaclean + lime scale reducer+new Honeywell trv valves+ power flush for a total of about £1,999.99 all inn !

Stan

I am interested, But you didn't call even though I left my number.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be going to op Colin's house to survey job tonight , will give update soon !
by the way he had so many engineers to survey and no one did take a reading for water pressure and water flow !!!! How bizarre

Na Adam got it wrong find some local footings being dug and stick it in there (joke) Stan there's a place in Stevenage that does it I think

will they travel to OX16 post code , do you think ? have you used them Alex ?

Funny other engineers that have been to the house only mention it , and told Colin(customer) they will remove it them selfs the first 2m of 4" ......tc tc tc

But then all the weight from the 6" will drop down ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Leaking, Need replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back