Discuss Boiler leak started right after Anglian Water fitted meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it can mate your right
But can't see then standing over it
But anything can happen
Maybe he be lucky and a plumber who does not know what he is doing inspects it for water company lol

Last edited by a moderator:
even if the valve was half shut previous to the water meter being fitted it will not change the preasure flow rate yes preasure no

The water pressure to the boiler would be the same with the valve open or partially closed. Volume would decrease only.

Even if the mains were not fully open the standing pressure would still be the same. But I do agree on the anything can happen thing

You say the Boilers always lost pressure but you havent found the leak, Well you've found it now:bucktooth:

The new water meter has a non return valve which prevents expansion during heating back down the main. This means when the hot water is preheated and no potable expansion vessell is fitted the rise in pressure can cause a weak joint to leak.

Ravenheaps are terrible, cheap, nasty junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler leak started right after Anglian Water fitted meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back