Discuss Boiler Key snapped Worcester 281 Junior combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I've tried the pliers - no luck unfortunately!! Thanks all for your responses...I'll get hold of my local plumber tomorrow to come and sort it out!! Just needed reassurance that I could still use the heating system until such time that he is able to come.

as long as you havenot incresed the presure to much you will be fine. the key is to make the link on the filling loop if it is ot in place you will not be able to fill the system as the water would just come out off where the key goes.

It's the little grey knob that lets water in to the heating system, as long as you've closed this you should be able to operate the boiler in the normal manner.

It would be wise to get the key out and a replacement key.

You need a gas safe registered plumber to fix it for you really and truly.if you tell them your problem and what boiler you have they could probably get it and do a service at the same time if it's due. (At extra cost obviously)

I think Worcester do a conversion kit for this useless piece of design...get your engineer to quote for the upgrade

im sure the boiler has had a couple of services by now pheonixservices!! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Key snapped Worcester 281 Junior combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wonder if someone can help. We have a Worcester MT10 combi boiler that has a fault with the expansion vessel. The landlord is having...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock