Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Key snapped Worcester 281 Junior combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leanne17

I have a Worcester 281 Junior combi and the white key that I turn for topping up the pressure has snapped and I think it might be in the open position. If I turn the boiler on to heat the radiators will I be causing any damage to the boiler as I am unable to remove the inserted half of the key.

If its in the open position the pressure will keep rising , is it ?

Welcome to the forum too

If it's still open the pressure will be rising without the boiler on.

as long as the filling screws are closed the water wont be going into you heating.
your pressure gauge will confirm this

the key is only for back flow prevention if i am not mistaken

Last edited:
Thank you - The one valve (small grey knob) is in the closed position, its the key that has snapped inside the other valve. The boiler will pressurise when I turn the second grey knob and then stop again when its closed. I am just hoping that until I can get the key removed and a replacement that I can safely use the boiler. Many thanks.

Yes I've tried the pliers - no luck unfortunately!! Thanks all for your responses...I'll get hold of my local plumber tomorrow to come and sort it out!! Just needed reassurance that I could still use the heating system until such time that he is able to come.

as long as you havenot incresed the presure to much you will be fine. the key is to make the link on the filling loop if it is ot in place you will not be able to fill the system as the water would just come out off where the key goes.

It's the little grey knob that lets water in to the heating system, as long as you've closed this you should be able to operate the boiler in the normal manner.

It would be wise to get the key out and a replacement key.

You need a gas safe registered plumber to fix it for you really and truly.if you tell them your problem and what boiler you have they could probably get it and do a service at the same time if it's due. (At extra cost obviously)

I think Worcester do a conversion kit for this useless piece of design...get your engineer to quote for the upgrade

im sure the boiler has had a couple of services by now pheonixservices!! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Key snapped Worcester 281 Junior combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock