Discuss Boiler keeps on boiling water even heating is switched off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Now I have removed the suspected orange wire, and turn back power on from fuse box, but there is no light on the wilo pump, and I turn on my ideal boiler and it just stays at zero...

What have I done wrong? So far I have only removed the orange from box and open the housing of the two valves...

Attachments

• 16816526299132332913211781509061.jpg
    16816526299132332913211781509061.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 14
So how may I probe at the orange wire at MV? I dont see any point that I can touch.
Apologies, there doesn’t appear to be a point you can touch, was thinking of a Drayton valve. Looks like you’ll have to do a live voltage test or remove the grey wire for the corresponding valve at wc and test between these, if you have continuity then it’s closed circuit and faulty.

You don't probe it at the m.valve, follow the black cable back to the junction box or wiring center, on of the wires fom the cable will be orange, remove it

There is a blue wire in that box which is a neutral, probe with red meter lead on the orange wire and the black meter cable on the terminal screw where the blue wire is, meter set to 500/600v AC.

There is a blue wire in that box which is a neutral, probe with red meter lead on the orange wire and the black meter cable on the terminal screw where the blue wire is, meter set to 500/600v AC.
I tried the above, got nothing, I don't seem to have any power even though I switched back from the fuse box...

You can see from the photo there is no green light on the wilo pump...

Is there any other switch in the system?

Attachments

• 16816536370205417591088217794894.jpg
    16816536370205417591088217794894.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 11
There should be nothing on apart from power as we are trying to determine.ine if the end switch is still made on the suspect m valve

Reply to Boiler keeps on boiling water even heating is switched off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock