Discuss Boiler fitted with incorrect flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Baxi 105HE fitted with a section of a Vaillant vertical flue - someone put it as ID and capped, even though it passed all safety checks, including fga. I always thought this would be AR. Am I incorrect in thinking so?

I've had the Ferroli Modena like that before too. I think when they were installed someone must have said it was ok. I too rang their tec line who said it was never ok to do it so I capped it off as ID. What made this worse was that there were no vents in the loft. My manager agreed with me. But on fan assisted boilers, the exhaust is under pressure, there's no seal on twin wall, so it's even worse still. Very dangerous imo.

Going back to the op, I'd have ID'd it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler fitted with incorrect flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock