Discuss Boiler experts, advice need in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all first post, I am a plasterer by trade so have limited knowledge about boilers.

i am getting the keys to my new house end of the month.
It is going to be fully plastered out and new electrics.

The boiler is approx 14 years old according to the owner. It is a British Gas combi and still working.

its a three bed semi total 10 rads and 1 bathroom with shower running off of the combi

i am going to replace it with a new one to give me some peace of mind that it is more efficient and guaranteed for a decent period.

i am looking for a few recommendations of replacements .

i have looked at the ideal vogue 32 kW because of the ten year warranty but can anyone suggest any other similar priced options?

many thanks in advance

chris

i have looked at the ideal vogue 32 kW because of the ten year warranty but can anyone suggest any other similar priced options?

Look no further. You have found a premium boiler at a very reasonable price. If you're a bit more open-minded you could go for an Intergas Eco RF 30 with weather compensation. Same 10-year warranty and to my mind the better boiler if you can get over the fact that it doesn't look the same as your old one/your mate's one...

Thanks for the input. My next question is best place to buy one.

I have looked on mr central heating and they seem the cheapest but I read a post on another thread saying be careful as some of the boilers they sell are non condensing.?

Is this the case with the vogue ?

Thanks

Chris

I have looked on mr central heating and they seem the cheapest but I read a post on another thread saying be careful as some of the boilers they sell are non condensing.?

Is this the case with the vogue ?

Thanks

Chris

All Vogues are condensing, so you wont have a problem in that respect.

Mr Central Heating is a respectable supplier, and I would not expect you to have any more problems with them than any other.

You might like to crack on though, because Ideal have a price increase on Feb 1st.

All warranties are subject to a yearly service so ensure you factor that cost in. Although I imagine if you work with gas lads youll be ok.

So many i cone across always enquire about a good warranty and their existing one hasnt been looked at in 11 or so years lol. I then explain and they say ' ohh we never needed a service before ' to which i advise a 2 year warranty and save some money

And another one into the mix . Viessmann and at the moment a extra £100 gives you a extra 5 years warrenty on top of the original 5 . No brainer IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler experts, advice need in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back