Discuss Boiler Breakdown Sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ariston Clas HE - If there's been a power cut it can sometimes cause the PCB to lose it's memory, if you look in the manual, there's a ridiculous amount of parameters - go through them all and make sure they are correct or the boiler will be causing all sorts of problems.

Some of the guys in work checked with Powermax and they said that it's only NCS if the baffles aren't replaced as long as it isn't having an effect on combustion as they are only there to make the boiler a bit more efficient.

Also, you can sometimes get away with getting some condensate pipe and pushing it down on to the broken baffles at the bottom and then they'll pull out with the condensate, and you can get some really long nose pliers - never work on Powermax myself but the guys that do never seem to remove the sump to remove the old baffles.

When I spoke with Baxi tech regarding the broken baffels they said it is classed as ID (not that they seem to know much themselves about these boilers) as they are there to slow the gasses down and it would effect the flame. I have replaced the baffels before by pulling them through the bottom but the time it takes to do that and the cost of them makes it seem like a bad choice in my opinion. Plus the fact that if you leave a powermax turned off for more than a day several components seem to fail at once for some reason.

If you fit a vaillant and theres no display and not working on initial fireup. dont get carried away and start swapping pcbs/display boards. Check the pressure sensor (slug) by unplugging it and replace. Dont know why faulty slugs cause this but they can..

Ravenheat CSI 85at, pump running, but nothing else - primary ntc sensor or the loom to it are no good.

Same boiler as above. Boiler lights, but goes out again - bad connection on condense trap. Cut it off and join the PCB end to the spark end.

Worcester greenstar
If fan fails to pulse after power up. It usually points to fan failure

From memory you need to check for 240v on purple wire. But if no pulse it's usually dead

Fan running constant on a FAN modulation boiler - ideals isar, etc, Worcester greenstar, etc... Usually points to fan failure

It's a failure of the tacho PCB on the fan and it can't regulate the fan speed

Poor flame on pilot

If the flame is not a pronounced crisp blue flame on the pilot then then injector is usually on the way out.

You shouldn't try and. Clear this with a pin Etc. you should always replace

Ideal isar (combi version) evo he etc

The display keeps on saying D then c

You have a very small passing of water on the DHW or a faulty thermister

FOR COMMERCIAL

If visiting a Hamworthy boiler with a HSI
You must check the resistance in ohms.

It must be between 80-120 ohms. Of it is outside of this range it is prob on its way out. But also it may cause PCB damage

Reply to Boiler Breakdown Sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock