Discuss Boilder and pump keep running when demand has stopped in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Thought that I didn’t problem solve properly - so bear with me as a non electrician and non plumber.
Definition of problem : boiler runs when there is no demand on an S plan system
Check 1: confirm that hot water is not gravity fed and central heating is S plan.
Check 2: No demand means all timers and thermostats are not requesting.

Check 3: does the 3amp fused spur switch work and stop the boiler?

question 2: when did the problem start and when can you say the system was last working properly?
Question 3: any changes at the time ?
Question 4: is problem reproducible ?

Hi,

given the time delay, can we assume that the problem has been fixed.

it would be very helpful if you could let us know the solution to add to the knowledge base.

Sorry for the delay in getting back on to this forum. After extensive troubleshooting, turned out that a loose wire within the boiler was causing it to fire ??!! Having removed the erroneous wire. it seems to be behaving as it should. Nobody has touched it since it was last serviced, so no idea why this happened. Boiler being serviced soon so will ask them to make sure all is OK.

Thank you to all who helped with the diagnosis.

Reply to Boilder and pump keep running when demand has stopped in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Some very helpful people on this forum (hi John.g) sorted me out with some issues with a faulty installation of a Grundfos UPS3 back...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
Worcester Boiler. Really annoying. All works as it should fine in normal use. However have to go away for a couple of weeks at a time. I put the...
Replies
Views
Bosch Sauce
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock